Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day to Day adventure and the people in my hood

Today I was driving to the grocery store. Now, I live in really suburban area. I mean, picket fences, elementary schools every mile, a golden retriever with every house, flowers in the yard, and neighbors who actually know and care about each other. Very Rockwell.
So I'm driving to the store and there is a teenager on a bike in front of me. He was weaving back and forth and being a kid. I wanted to go around him but I was intimidated because I really didn't feel comfortable with his swerving, but no big deal - I was 1 block and a half from turning towards the grocery.
As I followed slowly behind him. I noticed a man walking on the other side of the street. As the biker approached the man and passed him, weaving and twisting along the street, the man held up his arms in front of him and pointed his fake, air gun at the boy and pretended to shoot him.
What?
Yes.
Another friendly, suburban neighbor, out for his daily stroll down the block, shot the kid on the bike in his make-believe scenario.
And as I turned the corner, only 20 seconds or so out of my way, I thought "Are these the little things that really provoke people to kill one another if they had the chance?"
Juat a day in the life

No comments:

Post a Comment