Thursday, August 20, 2009

Any publicity is good publicity, but free publicity is even better~

I received an interesting link via Twitter 2 days ago which linked me to a blog regarding criminal activity/domestic violence. Upon reading this blog I realized A) the blog was a personal dissertation on someone's ex-husband, alleged criminal and deadbeat, and B) the writer of the blog had linked my social web sites to her ex-husband as a "recent romantic interest".

Interestingly enough, although briefly acquainted with the blog writers ex-husband, I have had no romantic link to this man at all. To my knowledge he lives 2000 miles from me, and I'm not even clear on how I am a subject matter at all in this drama. After reading the story of Mary T. McKnight of Kissimmee, Fla. I extended my sympathy for her misfortune and explained that I don't know her ex that well, have never dated him, and the information pertaining to me on her blog is innaccurate at best. I then contacted my sister, who is a slammin' lawyer (if you don't know, now you know) who proceeded to file action against the slander/ libelous remarks and forwarded said letter to Ms. McKnight.

Now, those of you who know me personally, know I am not a fan of celebrity propaganda. I do not read trash mags. I "don't believe the hype", to say the least, BUT, I DO live by the Samantha Jones PR philosophy, "Any publicity is good publicity". So, a formal thank you to Mary T. McKnight who has posted my blog info, FB contact and Twitter contact info on her blog as well!

I'm not famous but people talk about me like I am~

No comments:

Post a Comment