Monday, October 24, 2011

Video Blog #1: On the subject of Women's Magazines and the downfall of our self esteem

This is my 1st Vlog. So, bear with me.
I havent figured out how to run the video - full length...tidbits between writing...etc, the platform of video is new to me, so if these 1st few are awkward, give me a little slack.
Take 1:


What I did not get to in the video, was how detrimental it is to constantly be told we aren't thin enough, aren't pretty enough, aren't sexy enough, etc etc etc...
We are all unique and should not be compared to one another in the first place. We are all beautiful. Every smile. Every tooth. Every wrinkle. Every round bottom.
In conjunction with that, I am sick of reading about how some tired assed man didn't treat you right.
Here are some tips Shape Magazine did not share:
Get over it!
He's just a guy.
There are a billion other one's.
If you think you are fantastic, someone else will too.
If your friends havent told you this week how fabulous you are - get new friends.
Surround yourself with positive people who support you;
Not people who are trying to change how you look, how you dress, how you smile and take it like a man.

Surround yourself with love and you will get love, as you give it.
Happy Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. you are so FABULOUS!!!

    I just want to mouth kiss you...after you are checked for STD's, of course, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao...oh damn! hahaha
    Loves you ma!

    ReplyDelete