Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Roll Call

Today I had the pleasure of watching the National Roll Call, televised live on CNN, where Barack Obama was voted as the official presidential candidate for the Democratic Party. I will say, this is an emotional election year, but watching this group of delegates proudly cast their votes for the "next President of the United States" was truly inspiring.

I am sure I have learned something new about each state in the U.S. that I didn't know before today. ie Kansas is the birthplace of the grandparents of the next President of the United States.
The pride of each state beams through their representatives and really makes one proud to be American.
"Yes We Can"
I waited and waited patiently for one state to cast all their votes for Obama, and finally New Hampshire stepped up and cast all 30 votes for Senator Obama. Then New Jersey followed with all 127 votes. Unites We Stand!
Then the yield motions began.
New Mexico yields to Illinois. Illinois yields to New York. What the hell? I am unclear on why this happens until Hillary Clinton comes to the floor. Clinton moves to declare Obama the official candidate in the spirit of unity, and Obama is nominated by acclamation.

No comments:

Post a Comment