Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fixer Uppers

When I worked in Design I loved to look at houses for sale. I like to check out the interiors and new concepts. I love paint and furniture. I love art and looking at other people's homes always gave me ideas for projects I was working on.
Now, I look at homes wondering what I can afford, when I will own my own home and what great things I can do to make it fabulous and my own.
I noticed that I tend to look at homes that need a little work - fixer uppers.
Thinking to myself, the little things make a home. I can plant and landscape. I can paint. I can find amazing works of art. People's personalities come through with their choices and the heart they put into those choices. I like being unique and I can't wait for that to show through in my home choices.
Then it occurred to me - my car is a fixer upper. An old jeep I purchased thinking about what I could do to it to make it mine.
Then I thought - do I always choose fixer uppers? Is this my problem?
Any why?
I buy new shoes. I buy new dresses. Why don't I think I deserve a new home or a new car? Something I don't have to invest all my money and time into and still have it be tinkering on the brink or breakdown.
How can I change my thought process to give the important things in my life as much priority the minor one's.

No comments:

Post a Comment