Thursday, February 17, 2011

What Sherri Wants

I have been catching up on "What Chilli wants", and it's funny - watching her get grilled by a popular radio show host.
"Maybe Chilli wants too much", was his retort to her list of deal-breakers.

(photo courtesy thetvking.com)

Here's the thing with lists. There may be many things on them, but if you don't have standards - if you don't make lists for your self - PRIORITIES and deal-breakers, how can you have standards at all?


I have a list. A very detailed and comprehensive list. Deal-breakers and must-have's, and maybe I won't ever find the man who encompasses all these elements, but if I don't try, I'm not disappointing anyone except myself.
If I settle, why should I expect success?
Is wanting an honest man too much too ask?
A man with a job.
Someone with morals and a solid belief system.
A man that wants a woman to have his back, and returns the favor.
These things are not exceptional qualities. Perhaps hard to find together.
But realistic.
A man who remembers birthdays and wants to treat me special - is this outrageous?
A man who does not need to sleep with other women.
A man who at least knows what he wants in life and tries to go after it - whether successful or not - TRIES to map a life's plan.
A man who loves life. Loves to smile. Loves to laugh. A man who loves my laugh.

What Sherri wants is someone honest and faithful, loving with a huge heart. Someone who has matured enough to realize no one is perfect and accept the things he cannot change, about himself and others, and has integrity in that discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment