Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sex and Visualization

I had an eye opening conversation with a male friend on the topic of picturing someone else while in the moment.
ie. Having sex with someone while visualizing someone completely different.
I thought, "No way". Who does that?
He went on to tell me about, "this guy in college", etc.
I thought about how much it would suck to have some guy I thought was into me (no pun intended), daydreaming about Carmen Elektra, or Kim Kardashian, or simply some girl he met on the train that he knew he'd never get the opportunity to love on.
How disappointing.
Then I wondered how many people did this.
How many married couples are in the moment, yet thinking about that girl/guy at work, or some pro athlete? Or some sexy celebrity.

I'm all about having fantasies, but when you are committing to a moment with someone, give them the courtesy of that hour, I mean damn! Shouldn't sex - shouldn't that type of intimacy, be reserved for someone you (at minimum) can give your full attention for an hour?
(p.s. no wonder so many people are bad in bed...feel me?)
Personally, I don't want to be naked with someone I'm not totally 100% into. I certainly don't want some guy on top of me that makes me wish I was with someone else. For the guys, is sex that inconsequential that anyplace warm is better than nothing at all?

I am curious as to how many people have done this? How many people think there is no issue with this (whatever you have to do, right)? How many people would consider it, if it came to that? And how many are totally turned off by this practice?

Tell me something.

1 comment:

  1. I have never done it. Don't intend on doing it, and think it's totally insulting.
    If you need to think about someone else, maybe you should be with someone else.

    ReplyDelete