Saturday, June 23, 2012

Golf

I started taking golf lessons this summer. It is a sport I have been interested in for many years but did not think I was good at it after a bad group lesson about a decade ago.
I have matured. I think my perception of the sport has evolved. I decided it was time to give it another try.
This has probably been one of the best decisions I have made in a long time.
I love learning new things. I am competitive and determined, and this is a sport which challenges my athleticism and my intellect. I likened it to playing billiards; the setup, the geometry and angles in determining where to hit the ball to make a good shot, and the focus. It is easy to get one in every once in a  while, but it takes practice and focus to win.
Outside of the sport itself, I initially joined a woman's group so I would have other women to play with and find new ways to network, meet people and step out of my comfort zone a bit. I wanted a new way to be social as my social life had become a bit stagnate. I wanted to have yet another way to spend time outdoors without sitting on a patio or boiling next to a pool. I wanted to learn this sport that I could now travel with and incorporate golf destinations into my future travel plans. I wanted to learn this sport that I could play when I retire and through my golden years.
I was looking for so many things and golf has provided me with almost all of them.
Golf is allowing me to step out of my head for a couple hours and truly put myself 100% into the game and my personal goals and success.
Golf is taking me out of my comfort zone and forcing me to open my mind to a different way of thinking.
Golf is giving me confidence in myself as an athlete.
Golf reminds me that no matter how much I do in life, there is still more to be done.
Golf is letting me be a better me.
Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment