Sunday, July 15, 2012

Loving New Orleans

I have been so lucky - traveling city to city, not only domestically, but internationally, and recently over and over to some of my favorite cities. New Orleans has been an opportunity for me to embrace the culture of the southern region of the states - a portion of the country I have avoided because of my experiences in the south in the past and clumping that entire region together.
But there is no place on earth like New Orleans. Believe it.
The food, the music, the fans of the New Orleans Saints. Beignets, chicory coffee, the Quarter, brass bands, dirty streets and hurricanes. All the best and the grimy...making one of the most unique cities and a noted charming presence in the country.
The people - the most genuine, real, down to earth American people - the culture of the south, the heart of America in soul. The concept of diversity and love.
Music, sweet music.
Music and food define love and how we treat each other - think about what New Orleans gives to its own community and all the tourists that come down to embrace the love. Undeniably, from the heart - they put their foot in it. Your plate, my plate, every note, every sultry voice, spreading love into the night and to anyone who wants to listen and enjoy. 
Again, I am blessed, but if you haven't been down south lately, New Orleans is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment