Monday, October 22, 2007

Models, Writers and Mommies...

13 years ago I decided to become a Mom. The most important decision anyone can make (I believe). In making this decision, it has affected every other aspect of my life. My career(s), my marriage, my lifestyle, my belief systems, my relationships and my personality. Even my perception.

In my former life(meaning life before kids), I was a model and worked in the film industry. I was laid back and even though I have always been strong-willed, I didn't really venture out of my circle expressing my beliefs to others. "Be and Let Be" was my motto. I had a cute jeep, and lived in various trendy apartments in Boston, Paris, LA and numerous other cities. Where ever I rested my head was home, and I was fine with that.

Recently, I have started to remember those feelings of life before kids, and I wouldn't change a thing, but I miss my old life sometimes. Here and there I take a bit back. I still pick up a freelance shoot here and there. I still write (albeit, not for TV, but it's still writing). I still keep a cute SUV, although not so sporty and I generally drive a sedan to cart kids around in and travel to and from work.
More recently, I have had friends and business acquaintances drawing me back into my lifestyle and career. Opportunities arising all the time to get back into the industry that I love, but how do I juggle family? I am committed to my family, but I have a gap that needs to be filled as well. My chance to be ME seems to be be resurfacing. Or is this just another distraction from mid-life? Another misnomer life is throwing at me to remind me that the success I thought I craved is lost, and a new success must be achieved.
Do I chase my dreams once again or do I continue to excuse my smoldering career dreams as my childrens dreams become more important?

No comments:

Post a Comment