Wednesday, October 17, 2007

PETA

Today I was inundated with animal lovers devastated by the fact that Ellen's hairdresser's dog was taken away. The fact that this was newsworthy was just another verification of the fact that Americans are consumed with celebrity.
If this was my neighbor's dog, and they decided this pet was not a good match for their family, and they gave the dog to their gardener (and his kids), no one would give a damn. Do you think my neighbor would have gotten a follow up phone call? Do you think, if it hadn't been Ellen DeGeneres who had given up her adopted pet, this story would have made it past the ears of the Shelter's follow-up team? I don't think so.

But the following spectacle was the funniest thing I witness amongst all this b.S.
ET was showing a video collage of celebrities with their pets supporting the love for animals. Video after video of celebrities like Charlize Theron, and Vanessa Williams, even Oprah with her two beloved dogs, and what do I see?
Old ass Betty White, from the long running show The Golden Girls, at some animal shelter hugging and rubbing and kissing the animals... wearing a fur coat. I laughed so hard I peed my pants, then I got up from the floor and laughed some more.
I can't wait to see what the animal revolutionists are going to say about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment