Friday, December 10, 2010

coercion

My meatballs have been called, "seduction meatballs". It was recently brought to my attention that I could likely get whatever wanted by preparing and serving them.
I like to think I would never use them in an evil manner, simply to coerce.
The concept of coercion is only successful when the person being coerced wants to do the task at hand anyway. Perhaps they are sitting on the fence. Undecided. Waiting for that push in any direction.
Meatballs are not going to convince a nun to commit murder. But they MAY inspire a few, "yes,dears",
and I will take them.
So everyone always asks, "what's in your meatballs?"
The ingredients themselves are not that outstanding. It's the aura of the meatballs that makes them special.

So, here is the recipe, and you can tell everyone you know, it's your own...because it will be ~

ground pork OR
lean ground beef
hot italian sausage
(or any combination of these items including lamb)
1 egg
bread crumbs (I prefer sourdough or French) at least 1 cup
diced pepper or jalapeno (about 2 TBLs)
salt and pepper to taste

The sauce:
Your favorite sauce
add one cup of your favorite wine - I prefer a pinot or merlot for the sauce
1 teas of Worcestershire sauce
dash of Luisiana hot sauce
make balls and drop in sauce
simmer until balls are thoroughly cooked (about 40 minutes) tossing in the sauce and stirring frequently
prepare your favorite pasta (I love angelhair, b/c that's what my Nana always made) and pour sauce (and balls) over pasta
sprinkle with parmesan
EAT
Still wondering what makes these balls so tasty?

It's the love of making them for your family or friends.
The love that goes into the balls it what makes them so wonderfully delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment