Thursday, January 12, 2012

Haiti and me

It has been two years since the natural disaster which last affected the people of Haiti.
I remember thinking, "what about the kids? Who is going to take care of all those kids".
Then getting caught up in my own life. My own kids. The day to day issues that bring any family to it's crux of responsibility.
But, nothing has changed.
The kids are still there.
The damage is still affecting the entire island.
The orphanages are still overflowing with homeless, parentless children.
So, I am going.
I am getting on a  plane and I am going down to see the damage for myself. I am going to see what I can do. How I can help. I don't build houses. I don't dig ditches. But, I nurture, I rally, I spread love. I have a hand to help out, and I am going.
I am trying to meet as many people who have been down there to assist me in finding out where the need is. I am trying to find my strengths which are relative to the island. I am taking a backpack and my heart and getting on a  plane.
And this is my 1st step in 2012 to give back. To stand for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment