Thursday, January 26, 2012

Indian Crockpot

I have taken my experimental cooking to a whole new level. I had decided on Indian food for tonight, but didn't know how to get the vegetables soft like I like them, then it occurred to me: the crock-pot.
I turned my Veggie Tikka Masala Curry into a crock-pot dish (and added shrimp at the last minute).
I don't usually write on food, but this flavorful dish was so colorful and delicious (atop Jasmine rice), that I wanted to share. I have also been reading more food blogs lately and wanted to throw my two cents in.
This is an ideal vegetarian dish, or you can add meat to make it however you like it.
So, briefly, ingredients(with one undisclosed secret ingredient) :
Cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, baby portobello's, red, yellow and orange peppers, shallots, cilantro, shrimp, potatoes, and Tikki Masala Curry. I added a table red wine to thin up the sauce a bit, but everything was tossed into the crock-pot this morning (except shrimp and cilantro) to simmer all day. After 5 hours, I added the shrimp and cilantro for added color and flavor.
Easy and delicious.
Man if they had crock-pots on the air-crafts, I'd be in heaven...then there would be more unscheduled aircraft swaps and I would lose my mind.
Bon Appetit~

No comments:

Post a Comment