Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Declining Hotness of Flight Attendants

Well!
I will say, that initially offended by the mere topic of this article, I thought about the declining hotness of America in general.
What happened to men wearing suits on a business trip? Remember the blog about the guy in his flip flops and a suit? When did it become OK to wear pajamas and sweatpants in public, much less across the country on a public mode of transportation.
I do appreciate the photo of the Southwest Flight Attendant that apparently was the model of Flight Attendant hotness back in the day...and today (if you ask me).
We could discuss the depreciation of hotness and glamor in general, but that would be preaching to the choir...I know. I say we could all use a boost. Put a little more care into our public appearance. Have some self respect for presenting ourselves to the public. But, therein is the difference between the folks on the cover of Intouch magazine and those holding it in the grocery store lane, whilst pandering for a cigarette in their house slippers.

4 comments:

  1. Yes but I always dress as simplified as possible for flight, its' called TSA...i just wanna get in and out of that damn mess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the fence about this too, Sherri. I try to dress appropriate for the destination and length of travel, whether I am to hit the ground running, or meet someone. However, I often end up in my second-class slip-on shoes due to the TSA gauntlet we all must run.

    BTW, now that Continental is part of UAL, it is so obvious which crew is on board. The CO crews are a bit younger and more stylish. And courteous.

    ReplyDelete