Tuesday, May 8, 2012

one smile at a time~

Today
I worked
Nothing special
Doing my thing...
a slight, quiet woman passed by me and said, "We can change the world - one smile at a time".
Outta nowhere.
...and I responded, "yes we can".
That is my life.
That is what it's all for.
That is why I exist.
It doesn't matter what you think of me.
I live my life for those who need that smile.
For me.
For the shoes I walk in.
...and sometimes I need a reminder, the little voice that says, "hey, you are living your life, walking your path, the way you are supposed to - nothing wrong with who you are. Nothing wrong at all."

Simply: My smile is not for you if you don't want it. My laughter. My good spirit (you try to break with your self imposed rules of life and your ignorance of faith and hope). My "je ne sais quoi". You feel me?

My smile is for me, and how I live my life, and the world I live in, and if you don't get it, and you don't get me - that is so NOT my problem.

1 comment: