Wednesday, January 23, 2008

1st PETA PooPoo of 2008

So, I'm surfing the TV last night, bored out of my mind, and as usual, I can't find anything interesting to watch. I wait 5 minutes and take another lap, rationalizing the commercials must be in rotation about now, and I can get a different perspective of all the visual trash.
Boom!
Model show.
I love model TV. Why? You ask. I have been modeling off and on since I was 12 years old. For those who know me, every 5 years or so I show up in some random TV commercial (must subconsciously explain my need to watch every commercial so intensely). Print is my specialty - lifestyle and athletic to be specific, but strictly a commercial print girl here. So, I've always had a secret admiration for runway and high fashion models. I'm an everyday kinda model, people don't notice me in the catalogs only the clothes, luggage, and watch I wear. I get to make my money and maintain my lifestyle with out any celebrity and annoying people calling me to audition and go on castings everyday. Please note teeny bit of sarcasm there friends.
But, I have a special place in my heart for the tall and skinny that can work a runway and make thick, black, smudged eyeliner look fabulous. I love a girl that has a body of a 12 year old boy that can wear heels taller than me and stomp a runway like she is going to war.
Love these women.
So, I am a secret fan of Tyra's ANTM, Janice Dickenson (even though she is crazy as hell), and the new Niki Taylor/Tyrese [HOTT] MAKE ME A SUPER MODEL BABY show.
I even love the fashion (via Heidi Klum - "work it Mama") and photography reality shows even though the models hardly get any face time. I'm addicted.
So, I'm breezing through round TWO of the cycle and I see Crazy "I'm the 1st Super Model" Dickenson with a PETA rep on her show, explaining to the sensitive models she has in her stable how awful the process of de-furring animals is, and how they should never wear fur or work for a client who uses fur.
During this 3 minute piece, they show the models video of horrible atrocities and ask them to please stand up for what PETA stands for. Then ask the models to walk Hollywood Blvd (yes, the same Hollywood Blvd where many hookers are picked up, and even the same Hollywood Blvd where Hugh Grant was arrested getting oral before his sexy model dumped him) with signs which read "I'd rather go naked than wear fur".
Naked on Hollywood Blvd. OK. Then...you'll love this, the PETA rep and Janice proceeded to tell the models how the possibility of getting arrested was likely, but "hey, it's only a misdemeanor", and how many times have you been arrested, Mr. PETA Rep? - "Oh, hell Janice, I stopped counting after 20" he responded. Because getting arrested is something to be taken lightly these days.
.

Not getting enough media attention with the TV show? Serious. There are far better ways to make a statement without getting arrested. Far better ways to market a point. Far better ways to be successful and influence a country without asking easily influenced, employees I might add, to risk jail time (I don't care if it's only 10 minutes - jail sucks), fines and public embarrassment.
But I must sound like a broken record, huh PETA?
And to Crazy "1st Super Model" Dick... - Good for you for having a fur-free agency. Know when to draw the line. Oh, and don't drink the kool-aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment