Friday, January 4, 2008

2008...I am Legend

Welcome Back ;)

2008
"il faut que j'y arrive" and I am finally here. This has been a year of so much change and self-realization... and as 2007 came to a close I watched "I am Legend". I was apprehensive because I thought it was about zombies or monsters (based on the trailers). As it unfolded I realized how much deeper the film really was. Everything I know in my heart, but don't really get a chance to speak on very often.
Man and his incurable desire to fix things, save others, and play God.
Injecting music and love into the world to fight hatred.
Faith.
The ability to listen and hear God's voice, and then do the unselfish thing.



My daughter was almost named Marley, and that struck a chord with me b/c at the time (12 years ago) it seemed more granola than unique, so we opted on Madelene instead.

I still see now how much love in the world can change people's lives.






This past year, it has been reinforced over and over that there is enough love for everyone. This is one of the things that my Nana tried to tell me, that I couldn't understand. That and her faith. Lost on the science of my education. But, I get it.

In the last 2 months, I have been inundated with film, book and introduction to people that have graciously offered their support and blessings on my life. Little voices I have heard.
I awoke to 2008 realizing how blessed I am. My family. My lifestyle. My home. The love I have to share with the world. I asked for signs and I chose to see them this time. I cannot express the abundance of goodness I feel around me. As I approach age 40 this year, all I can say is, "Bring it on".

No comments:

Post a Comment