Sunday, October 26, 2008

What is wrong with the town of Morrison?

The RedBull Soap BOx Derby - what a great idea?
Fun times!
Costumes - a great pre-curser to Halloween, and a free event for the whole family!
Right?
Wrong!

I drove around red rocks and Morrison for 2 hours with my kids in the car trying to get - 1st to the free parking/ shuttle stop they promised at the Bandemere speedway which did not exist b/c the Denver Popo had the exit to the speedway closed, and, 2nd - to any exit close enough to Red rocks to walk up to the event.
After being detoured to the next highway exit (285), after being blocked out of the Morrison exit, and heading towards the mountains, the next exit for Morrison (also closed to the public now), I was forced to drive towards Evergreen where I finally got off at some dirt road and headed back towards what I thought was a back road for red rocks.
At this point... I am in a caravan of dumbasses who were all now on a mission to get into this stupid f'n shit-race.
Somehow after driving another 35 mins or so through the woods (deer and sheep and horses were a distraction for my kids, along with the incredulous amount of McCain Palin signs in trailer park/ farm house yards) we end up right in the backyard of red rocks again, where the Denver police, once again were not permitting any cars into the town of morrison or near the stadium.

Bullshit- So we turn up another dirt road, and somehow I get tossed back onto I-70, where I continue to roll with half the caravan, like Chevy Chase on Vacation trying to get into Wally World, b/c my vacation isn't over til I say it's over.

Then we get off the highway, again at the red rocks exit, where tons of people are walking, so we think, "we can do it". We are forced to park on the side of the highway on an on-ramp - how safe is that? and walk down towards the main street where you usually drive up into red rocks for the parking (before you walk another f'n mile up stairs and hills into the actual stadium).
By now tons of people are passing us saying "it sucks, don't go - it's a 3 mile walk, blabh blah blu blah", and my kids have to piss and we're all tired and grumpy, and finally surrender to the fact that whoever organized this shit is a fuckwad, and I will never support any of their events again - red bull dumbasses and the town of morrison.I'm still pissed.
Who lets kids down like that?
But, let me tell you how I really feel...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment