Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The downfall of dating in our modern society

Today over lunch the topic of dating - men vs boys, came up and spun our table into a discussion of basic home training...or "I guess yo mama didn't teach you any better than that".
We have seen the breakdown of societal manners increase over the past twenty years. Men no longer hold doors, and lay their coats on the street so women don't get splashed. This actually encouraged by all the "equal rights for women", who then wonder why they can't get a date. Hmmmm. But, these small acts of courtesy are just the tip of the iceberg.
Young guys want to split the tab. They want you to buy them beers. They want to "hang out".
Let me break it down.
I do not hang out with men I want to date.
I do not go on dates with "dudes" who can't pick up a phone and ask me out. I don't date guys that "meow" at me.
And if we are "hanging out", don't try to get in my pants, because I don't have sex with dudes I'm hanging out with. Wanna treat me like your buddy. You got it. Are you fucking your buddies? Didn't think so. Grow up dumbasses!
Women - stop tolerating this behavior.
If the guy you like can't ask you out - guess what?
If the guy you want to spend time with only has time for his buddies - guess what?
If a guy you used to hook up with calls you a year later and says "can I come over" - say "for what - where have you been the last 365 days - oh with your girlfriend you failed to mention."
Guess what?
If the guy you like only calls you after the bar - guess fucking what?
Next time your phone vibrates because some douche is texting you at 1a - text back "Not interested". 'Cause are you really? Interested in being used...again? Say it outloud. Sack up girlfriend. You don't have to be nice to someone that has no respect for you.

I see young boys texting my teen daughter "what's up". What does this mean? Do you wish to have a conversation with my daughter, but are too lazy and too trifling to pick up a phone and actually dial the 10 digits. Perhaps, you are too uninteresting and unintelligent to speak on any topic outside of "what's up". Regardless, when the day comes that you decide to drive a car and pull up to my house - if you don't get out and come inside and respectfully ask permission to take my daughter out on a date - you will NEVER have the privilege of her company. Don't text from the car. Don't honk. Don't think about treating my daughter with any less respect than the beautiful, young lady she is, or you are asking to get embarrased on my front lawn.
I'm tired of double standards - and for you women who keep allowing this behavior to continue - you're getting what you ask for. Don't you deserve better? I do. My daughter does.
Stop tolerating bullshit and it will cease to exist.

2 comments:

  1. hmm that was like a quick & dirty synopsis of "he's just not that into you" BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not tooting my own horn here but I make women walk on the inside of me when we are walking anywhere near a road. I also get the door. I guess I was just brought up like that. I think a lot of 'boys' are just not brought up the right way. I think that's the way it is with a lot of kids and young guys these days. I think these guys think they are entitled to something. I don't know. All I know is that I now find myself saying 'what's with the kids these days?'

    ReplyDelete