Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lisa Lampanelli

Last night, I was whipping through the 300 channels of cable TV available to me and was disappointed to see that every episode of CSI that was being re-run - I had seen already. There was nothing on the boob tube that I wanted to watch. Nothing. Mind you I have been sick and in bed for 2 days, so there is nothing new that I haven't watched "on-demand" anyway.
Then Lo and Behold, HBO to the rescue - I see something new. A Comedy Special - YES! Sweet!
Lisa Lampanelli, whose work I solely know from the Pam Anderson and Flava Flav roasts. Being a big fan of roasts - in the short snippets of TV time I have seen her, I thought she was pretty funny.

All her jokes about screwing Black guys, and her own fat ass. Lampanelli, in the past, seemed pretty edgy and witty.
Last night, different story.
All her Jew boy, faggot, and Black jokes were not funny. She even went on a tangent about white bitches who don't know how to raise their kids. Just Not Funny. I am actually surprised the audience sat there through this purely racist, awful standup routine that in sheer honesty, was boring and trite. Yeah, there was one joke about gun totin' Palin with her 5 kids, "What does she think she's Black - 3 words for her, Close Your Legs". OK, that was funny. Then she immediately went on to talk about Palin's "retard" kid. This is when I fell off.

I have been to many live standup comedy shows. I love comedians that can laugh at themselves. I love being able to laugh at ridiculous stereotypes. There were many things that could have been funny, but just weren't, and then she fell into the old standby of calling Andy Dick a Fag. Is this still funny? I mean really?

So picture me, just like Nana (in the Youtube video), just shaking my head wondering...WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment