Friday, February 6, 2009

Something about Fridays

Let's preface this with Friday the movie, albeit funny, is not the kind of Friday I'm talking about.
I think I always look forward to Friday because it's been set in our standard of living that Friday is when the happy-go-lucky value of life is granted.
TGIF...the weekend...people in America generally can't wait for Friday.
I love when everyone else is happy.

I realized a few years ago that I didn't like to work on Fridays at all. I always found a way to take Fridays off, until I realized I needed to find a career that had Fridays off. Plain and simple - Friday is my day. I love to walk around in my sweats and thick socks in the early morning, by myself, while it's quiet. I make extra time to write. I can run errands in the early morning while most people are at work. I can grab a coffee after the main rush has disappeared. I get my hair done on Fridays. I get pedicures on Fridays. I lunch with my girlfriends on Fridays. I workout in an empty gym because no one wants to go to the gym...It's Friday!
Happy Hour is always happier on Fridays.

I don't know what it is, but "Yeaaa, it's Friday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment