Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School drop off and Dangerous Mommies

The last week or so I have been getting back into the groove of school drop off and pick up. High School and Elementary school - and this is not something new for me. I have been taking my daughter to and from school or about a decade now. Juggling an early drop and then the later drop for my son before I even begin my day can be kind of stressful, but in relation to the entire world...not so much.
Last week, I picked up my son and noticed in the parking lot the abundance of cars parked illegally and dangerously, blocking emergency exits, using handicapped spaces, etc. I thought, "what a bunch of inconsiderate people". Early this week, as we drove home from school, one of these working Mom's pulled out of traffic, to the side of the road and whipped her door open, then screamed, "Watch where you're going" to me as I tried to manuever past her open car door. I stopped and looked into the rear view mirror, a tad shocked, while contemplating waving my middle finger at her. I proceeded on, glad that I wasn't such a raging Bitch.
This morning, I pulled to the side of a curb as I approached the school, let my son out, and waited patiently to pull back into the carpool lane of trafic which was growing in front of the school. I noticed a gap in the traffic and before I pulled back into the flow, I noticed in my rear view this screaming Mommy, on her cell phone, waving her hands frantically at me to "get it moving", apparently my concept of safety first in a school zone was taking way too long for her to get her kid out of the car.
To think these women are on their way to or from work, their kids are in the car and can see their madness (and by madness I mean crazy, not anger), and we are talking about driving in school zones, not on the Autobahn.
What in the world is wrong with these bitches?

2 comments:

  1. People are always in a hurry....and we need to learn to slowdow. Seguridad es primero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the same thing at James new school, and I think, we all need to be somewhere, you are no more important than the next mom in the next car that needs to get to work. chill out, count to 10. be so kind as to let someone in front of you...
    stop being such a raging biotch!

    ReplyDelete