Thursday, January 21, 2010

My morning commute

Every day as I am driving my kids to school I try to take the time to think about my day, make lists, organize myself. During these times I have a very short time to prioritize because simultaneously I am noticing the world around me. I take in the people walking the streets of Denver. I watch the small children walk and bike to school. I look at all the homes for sale in the neighborhood and the snow still left on the ground.
This morning as I cruised over 23rd Avenue behind St. Josephs hospital and the Not-So-Safeway on Park Ave, I noticed a man on his porch. This man was simply standing on his porch with his hood pulled up watching the traffic pass by and the sun come over the buildings to our south. I thought, people in my neighborhood are just like me; chilling - checking out their neighbors, starting their sunshiny day.
Then I noticed in his right hand was a 24 ounce can of Schlitz, and in his left hand a cigarette.
Not so much like I kick off my morning, but "Good morning Denver".

No comments:

Post a Comment