Tuesday, October 19, 2010

WWJD

So many times, in dealing with the public (or even my kids), I think to myself, "what is the right thing to do", how do I set a good life example?

People will test you.
Time and time again.
I attribute my patience to everything my Nana taught me. I am far from perfect. Lately, I feel I have been tested to the height of my tolerance. I have been challenged to do the right thing, and I have to remind myself, doing the right thing is a personal choice.

Lately, driving has become my heaviest albatross. It takes all my strength not to flip people off and curse them from an open window. Matter of fact, as someone blocked my alleyway, preventing me from getting to my garage, as I squeezed past, barely shaving the side of the wall, I called from the window, "You suck". I couldn't help myself.
I notice people have no courtesy, no common sense, and no intention of following the rules. On top of this, the level of entitlement when driving on the open road has become a disease. Running red lights while talking on the phone and throwing trash out f the car. I actually saw a car load of people run a red light while making a left turn, and when we caught up with the same car at the next red light, they were tossing an empty 24 oz beer can out of the car.
Broad daylight. No shame.
And what do you do?
I try to think to myself, WWJD? But often, my mind wanders to this :


(courtesy funnypix.ca)

Everyone, at one time or another has felt like, even Jesus might knock this Bitch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment