Monday, April 19, 2010

1st Travel Blog of 2010

I leave for San Francisco tomorrow and Napa Valley, and even though I lived in California for years, this trip is different. New beginnings. A new Valley so to speak. I love wine and I have never been to Napa. I have been to San Francisco one time for a wedding and my weekend was packed with everything except touring the city.
This is a real opportunity for me to experience a new space.
It's also my forty-second birthday and this will be a crazy new year for me. I have a new career path. I am experiencing new life callings. My friendships are growing and wilting simultaneously. My kids are growing up. I have new cities to explore. This is my year.
I generally photo-journal my trips with emailed dailies, but I think I will incorporate video this time as well and simply blog. It's a new age right?
So, prepare yourself - four days of experimental video, lots of pictures and raw thoughts about the city of San Francisco and life.
Agenda:
Tuesday, April 20: 7a departure : Quick stop in Vegas - because that's how I roll.
Late afternoon arrival in SFO: Great hotel right in the center of things - a Joie de Vivre Hotel with a Japanese Pop culture theme. Trolley rides and light touring.
Wednesday, April 21, my actual birthday: No day plans, but an evening with Madeleine Peyroux at Yoshi's.
Thursday, April 22: Trek up to Napa for an all day bike tour through the valley sipping wine at various wineries and scoping out the countryside soaking in sunsets and sipping perfect Beaujolais'.
Sleeping hard on Thursday night No doubt!
Friday, April 23: A trip to the Fainting Goat region where I fully intend to get my giggle on.
Returning to San Francisco in the early evening to catch a flight home.
So watch for pics and hopefully, you will smile and giggle as much as I intend to.
Best week ever...before the best year ever~
Take it light my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment