Monday, April 26, 2010

Shades of gray

In perspective of my last blog on being smiley, I thought about the people who have touched my life and given me insight into why I am the way I am.

I have been told, "Everything is not always black and white", "The grass is not always greener", and I understand that. BUT, for me there is only gray area for those who need it to justify their actions. Truth is black and/or white. Justice is black and/or white. Integrity is black and/or white. Life is gray. Perception is gray. Bullshit is gray.

The grass is indeed always greener - this doesn't mean you have to till the neighbors yard, but it's OK to notice the hues of green, to, in fact, want a greener grass in your own yard - to want to work harder to grow your own flowers.

I am not condoning "keeping up with the Joneses", I am simply stating there is always room for improvement or a desire for something better or different - in terms of where your path may take you. Life is simple. The sun rises and sets - grass grows...how green it gets is totally up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment