Thursday, April 22, 2010

House of Days...my day


The timeless events of life are rarely captured in a moment of historical value.
Memories are great but how often do you get to actually capture a moment of your own personal history in a time capsule so to speak? One of those moments where the Universe spoke to me yesterday sent me on a walking voyage in search of the Golden Gate bridge. On this designed path I stumbled across a special building. A small house which overlooks the Pacific Ocean.
The House of Days is located at the outdoor exploratorium at Fort Mason. "The interior of the Searchlight Building on McDowell Road becomes a projection space where visitors can see a visual record of changing atmospheric conditions over time. Snapshots of the sky taken at regular intervals merge into a grid of pixel-like cells that enable visitors to track and compare weather patterns on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis"(courtesy National Science Foundation).
I passed by this building and wondered what it was, thinking perhaps it was an outlook to the Golden Gate Bridge which I was more than happy to observe from this point in the voyage and stop my walking tour. It was not. As I looked inside the building I could see a map of the sky from the past days, weeks, even months. The last time stamp and view of the sky, at that moment (the moment I chose to stop and view) was April 21, 2010, 4:00p; exactly to the hour, the day and time I was born, 42 years earlier.
Remarkable.
Now I have a historical time-stamp of my birth time and this celebratory trip.
The Universe saying to me, "This is where you were...then."



April 21, 2010, 4:00p San Francisco, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment