Thursday, November 10, 2011

Today...Taking "Me" Back

This morning in working on a blog project for another company, it occurred to me that I need to "clean up" my old blogs. Delete the old and freshen the new. I'm back on track (thank you to the Dr.).
When I got to the old blogs I realized I had years and years of work that would just be archived, then I noticed the import/ export tool.
Where have I been?
I exported all my old blogs and deleted the account. I was then able to import every word from every year into my new format - yay! technology.
Now, with this comes history...ha!
I also realized with my new phone  had somehow deleted all my photos from my old blogs, but the links were still there. So, after a few days work, This blog should be back on track with all my history, all my stories, my photos, all my whims of fancy.
This is so important, because I had an overwhelming year. I switched departments at my company and not only is everything that was once smooth and good, now a sheer pain in the ass (go corporate b.s.), but apparently I wasn't even allowed to have a public opinion anymore unless it was anonymous.
My writing has been my life since I was 5 years old, and now a job was attempting to stiffle my voice.
It took me months to get back on track and even write again.
So today is valuable for so many reasons.
I have lost nothing. I have learned the value of patience and technology. I have gotten my gift back IN VOLUMES.
Thank you Google, you are genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment